I was tagged by Oy30 to do this tag. So thanks! This was a lot of fun. Oy30 talks about a variety of stuff from books to TV shows to more, so it’s more than worth checking out his blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions.
- Tag some people.
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
1. Favorite quote?
I’ll choose a quote from the latest books I’ve been reading, one serious, one funny:
Serious: “Julian had heard stories-whispers really-of other Shadowhunter children who thought or felt differently. Who had trouble focusing. Who claimed letters rearranged themselves on the page when they tried to read them. Who fell prey to dark sadnesses that seemed to have no reason, or fits of energy they couldn’t control. Whispers were all there were, though, because the Clave hated to admit that Nephilim like that existed. They were disappeared into the ‘dregs’ portion of the Academy, trained to stay out of the way of other Shadowhunters. Sent to the far corners of the globe like shameful secrets to be hidden. There were no words to describe Shadowhunters whose minds were shaped differently, no real words to describe differences at all.
Because if there were words, Julian thought, there would have to be acknowledgement. And there were things the Clave refused to acknowledge.” ― Cassandra Clare, Lady Midnight
I chose this quote because I can personally relate to it. This is really personal for me, but in all of the Shadowhunter Chronicles, I relate to Ty Blackthorn the most, because I’m also on the autism spectrum. Even though the Clave is at least a 100 years back in their thinking towards these subjects, I still feel as though this rings true today in a way.
Funny: “Mikado was about to ask what he meant by that when a trash can from a convenience store hit Izaya square on the side,” (Ryohgo Narita 117).
Did I mention I managed to buy the first Durarara!! light novel?
2. What do you prefer: movies or tv shows?
TV shows. Better development and pacing, in my opinion.
3. What’s your idea of a perfect night?
Being able to do my own thing, and without a strict plan, I guess.
4. Who was your first crush?
At this point, I can’t remember. 😅
5. What is something you can’t stand watching?
Do soap operas count? They always look so fake…
6. What is something you love watching?
I am successfully balancing three anime at once! I’m watching Monster and Noragami alone, and Durarara with my mom.
7. Are you happy?
Well, this got deep fast… Currently, I am, as I am blogging while having boba tea.
8. Describe yourself in two words.
Nerdy, 🤓 and easily bored. 😐
9. What’s something life has taught you?
You do not choose the cat…the cat chooses you!
11. What do you hate the most about people?
😲 That’s a dark question…well, not people in general (not everyone has the same exact traits), but maybe it’d be something like lack of sincerity?
- Do you have a cool backstory to your blog?
- Is there anything new that you’d like to blog about?
- What’s your latest favorite book and/or TV show?
- Do you have any characters you relate to personally?
- What is something you have been putting off for a while?
- What is something everyone likes that you didn’t care for?
- And what is something you like that no one else seems to?
- Favorite TV show/anime openings?
- Current favorite book cover?
- What are your favorite blog posts?
- What is a piece of blogging advice you wish you had known when you first started blogging?