Let me explain the tag to clarify the confusing title. Basically, I saw a comment on the Webtoon A Budgie’s Life about…romance fails in Webtoons. They cracked me up, even the serious ones! I may not be a romantic, but I found it funny and decided to do this tag. And that’s how this tag came to be.
Who knows? I may make a more serious Webtoon list about this later.
- Please PINGBACK to me at Kate @ Melting Pots and Other Calamities. Or just Kate. And PINGBACK TO A SPECIFIC POST OF MINE. I won’t see the post otherwise, and I’d like to see it.
- You can choose ten romance fails from ANY media you like: books, movies, anime, manga, T.V shows, or Webtoons. You can even mix them up if you want.
- You can choose funny fails or serious ones; for the serious ones, phrase it humorously. Remember, this is a fun tag! It’s not meant to be serious.
- Mention who’s who in the fails. (I.E, who fails and who is the recipient of the failure). If there isn’t recipient, per se, just state the couple (or non-couple).
- Optional: Rank the failures from least extreme to most extreme.
- 5 failures at LEAST.
- Tag as many people as you want, but at least one person.
10. I Love Yoo:
Link: I Love Yoo
Girl constantly attacks potential love interests with shoes and/or ruins their clothes. (Shin Ae to Yeong Gi and Kousuke)
9. Dr. Frost:
Link: Dr. Frost
Girl fails at any attempts to flirt with older professor/mentor/counselor because he can’t really feel those kinds of emotions. (Seonga to Frost)
8. Where Tangents Meet:
Link: Where Tangents Meet
Girl has to deal with boyfriend’s crazy ex girlfriend spreading rumors about her. (Landon and Rachelle)
7. American Ghost Jack:
Guy is not only a ghost, he is also involved in a deal because of his past obsession with an ex girlfriend. Not only that, he may have known the girl whom he’s now falling in love with in the past (and he may have fallen for her even then). (Jack and Go-Eun)
6. Space Boy:
Girl inadvertently gets stuck in the middle of a scientific conspiracy because of a mysterious guy. (Amy and Oliver)
Link: Space Boy
Girl finds out her guy has a 50/50 chance of going to the dark side of witchcraft. (Monica and Dorian)
Girl is a vampire who survives off human touch, but her boyfriend is a germaphobe. Just as he starts to get better, she finds out she is a special kind of vampire who absorbs too much energy and could end up killing him. (Sia and Jiho)
Guy is a clone who consistently loses his memories. Was in a relationship with a girl who was his closest friend before forgetting that aspect of his life. Conventionally remembers their relationship right after she’s been shot and is dying. (Nero to Celine)
2. I Don’t Want This Kind of Hero:
Guy who is an insane (villain) falls for a girl. Girl is rather fond of him…until something happens that we still don’t know about and she is now cripples and in a wheelchair. Guy basically turns into a yandere and does insane stuff for attention. Girl hates him with a passion. (Baek Morae to Raptor)
Guy is the son of a serial killer and is an accomplice in each crime. Girl saves his life at a point, and becomes the dad’s latest potential victim. Guy falls in love with girl. Girl somewhat reciprocates. Girl now has to fend off not one but two serial killers who have targeted her, all while guy keeps being an accomplice secret from her. (Jin to Kyun)
I think this takes the cake for the worst romance fail in all of Webtoons.
Whose fail was the best? Which was your favorite, or was the funniest? Please comment, I’d love to read them!